Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last Weekend's Scores

Saturday morning I only had a short while to scoot out and treasure hunt before heading to a funeral for a dear friend's mom. There was an estate sale right in town so I buzzed over early at the starting time of 8am. There was a lot of funky old stuff, like a bunch of old trunks for $5 a piece, and tons of chairs, all $1 a piece. I have no space for trunks, otherwise I would have scooped one up. I did happen to pick up two chairs though.

The first will be a great makeover chair with some white paint and reupholstered seat. Easy. Or at least worth a shot at $1. It sort of reminds me of the last chair I picked up for free curbside only a little bit smaller.


I haven't cleaned it up yet, but its in sturdy condition. I'm kicking myself for not taking the whole matching set.

The second chair I got for $1 will most likely sit out front by my stairs with a pot of impatiens or begonias in it over the summer.


I let in too much light for the picture so its kinda hard to tell, but its actually a very faded red. It's perfectly worn, cracked and chippy.

The only other thing I picked up was an old wooden handled iron. It's for my someday laundry room that hopefully will not be in a basement dungeon.


Or, in the meantime, I'm considering using it as a door stopper and putting a few of the sticky-back felt squares for under furniture legs on the bottom - so it doesn't scratch the floor. We have a few doors that like to slam shut when all the windows are open on a breezy day. Great for napping babies.

Th-th-th-th-tha-That's all folks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...