Friday, April 13, 2012

GOD IS...

Earlier this week, I found myself reviewing what I had read in the Bible over the previous week and jotting down everything I learned about God. None of it was new to me, really, but all good reminders. It sparked an idea. Once a week I'm going to attempt to post anything that my Bible-reading that week has to say about God and his character -who He is and what He does. I'm not going to add many, if any, personal comments...I don't think. Just what God says about Himself in His Word.

I'm not making any promises here, just communicating my intent. There may be weeks I forget to write most of what I've come across. Or weeks I just don't have time - though I'm going to try to write it as I read it. I've purposely never committed to any regularly scheduled posts because my blog hasn't been a top priority - if I don't/can't get to it, so be it. I don't want to be pressured to produce promised posts at the expense of other priorities. But I think that learning or being reminded of who God is is important for me and my readers! So I'm moving it up the priority ladder. At least above starting or finishing other posts (I think I have at least 10 other posts in process right now!).

So this marks my first weekly installment of GOD IS.



And since I just finished reading the book of James, this is me going back through that book. I know I have read other verses from other books throughout the past week but I don't remember what and am not going back through various book and notes to backtrack. Going forward though, like I said, in future posts I will try to work on my draft as I go throughout the day or week so I don't miss anything. We'll see....

So without further ado, this is what God has to say about Himself through the writer James:

Ch 1:5 God generously gives wisdom to those who ask and believe that they will receive it.

Ch 1:12 God has promised a crown of life to those that love him and persevere under trials.

Ch 1:13 God cannot be tempted by eveil, nor does he tempt anyone.

Ch 1:17 God is the Father of the heavenly lights.

Ch 1:17 God gives every good and perfect gift.

Ch 1:17 God does not change like shifting shadows.

Ch 1:20 God desires us to live a righteous life.

Ch 1:27 God our Father accepts pure and faultless religion which is this - to look after orphans and widows in their distress.

Ch 2:1 Our Lord Jesus Christ is glorious.

Ch 2:5 God has chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom He promised to those who love Him.

Ch 2:23 God called Abraham His friend because he believed God.

Ch 3:1 God judges teachers more strictly.

Ch 3:9 God made peole in His likeness.

Ch 3:17 God gives wisdom that is pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Ch 4:2 God gives when we ask with the right motives.

Ch 4:6 God gives us more grace.

Ch 4:6 God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Ch 4:10 God lifts up those who humble themselves.

Ch 4:12 God is the one and only Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy.

Ch 4:15 It is by God's will that we live and do this or that.

Ch 5:4 The ears of the Lord Almighty have heard the cries of the oppressed.

Ch 5:7 The Lord's coming is near.

Ch 5:9 The Judge is standing at the door!

Ch 5:11 The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Ch 5:15 The Lord will raise up to wellness and forgive the sins of the sick person who is prayed over in faith.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...