Saturday, June 2, 2012

GOD IS...(7)

Before I get into anything Biblical or theological here, I just have to point out something kind of silly. I don't know why, but when I was drafting my second edition of "GOD IS..." I started using Roman numerals in the post title to keep a running tally of where I was at. I'm good with Roman numerals into the teens, but honestly, after that, it just requires too much thinking. I'm bound to make a mistake somewhere along the way. So before this gets out of hand, at week seven, I'm converting to standard numbers. :)

There, now with that out of the way, I have to say that my fears came true. Since my Bible study ended I've been slacking. I read a little here and there in my devotionals and with the kids but I haven't really sat down and read through several chapters or been consistent daily. Something is better than nothing, but my new goal is to read at least one chapter of both Psalms and Proverbs each day over the summer.

So even with what "little" I read since my sixth edition, there was still great treasure to rediscover about who God is...


Psalm 1:1 God blesses those who do not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

Psalm 1:6 "For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous but the way of the wicked will perish."

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for death for your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."

Malachi 3:10 "Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him.

1 Corinthians 1:30  It is because of God that we are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 When the Spirit's power is demonstrated in someone's message and preaching, wise and persuasive words on not necessary, and the faith of those who respond will rest on God's power, not on men's wisdom.

Job 42:2 God can do all things. No plans of His can be thwarted.

Jeremiah 32:26-27 "Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: 'I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything to hard for me?'"

Mark 10:27 "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'"

Romans 4:21 God has the power to do what He has promised.

Revelation 15:3-4 "Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the ages. Who will not fear you, O Lord? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed."

2 Corinthians 5:17 Christ causes anyone that is in Him to become a new creation. With Christ, the old has gone and the new has come!

Psalm 32:8 God will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; He will counsel you and watch over you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...