Wednesday, July 13, 2011

If you can't pick 'em, why grow 'em?

That's my theory on flower gardening. For me, the whole point of growing flowers is to be able to pick them and fill vases around the house from as early in the spring to as late in the fall as possible. Even in the winter when my garden is dead, I go on nature hunts for greenery and berries to bring inside.  I'm a sucker for picking up cheap vases at yard sales, especially bud vases because I don't usually have enough big blooms at a time to fill up large vases. My garden is not that big...some day....

These are some of the pictures I've taken this year of cut flowers (with my crappy old camera that, despite sitting in a pool of curdled orange juice for hours, still "works"):

Azaleas on the built-ins from the dining room

Lilacs in the entry

Bleeding Hearts in the kitchen

Azaleas in the bathroom

Pansies and unknown ground cover on the porch

misc blooms on the built ins from the room without a name

Lavender in the bathroom

Hydrangeas in the entry

Dianthus (thanks Christy!) and Lavender in the bathroom

more misc blooms on the built ins

Hydrangeas in the living room

Pansy & Bee Balm, Shasta Daisy, Hosta & unknown groundcover on the built ins

Shasta Daisies in the bathroom

Pansies, Dianthus, Nasturtium, Impatiens, Marigold & Lavender in the pantry
I love fresh picked flowers in little treasure vases. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...